2000 STINGING NETTLE SEEDS Urtica Dioica Perennial Herb Medicinal Deer Resistant
* Stinging Nettle is probably my favorite on farm plant because it can be used in countless ways.
* It is a cornerstone plant in Organic farming, Permaculture and Biodynamic farming.
* The Stinging Nettle has a root system that is a nutrient sponge. It can extract elements from the soil that our domesticated vegetable plants cannot easily do.
* It is referred to as a hyperaccumulator plant. In addition, the leaves and stems can be composted to create an almost perfect fertilizer that is well balanced!
* It is wonderful for making a balanced, organic liquid fertilizer. Just steep the stems and leaves in a bucket of water for a day or so, and use on your plants that are ailing, and it will quickly revive them.
* Many Permaculturists consider Stinging Nettle to be the most important plant on their farms.
* The stinging part of Nettles can be neutralized with exposure to high heat for 30 seconds. Always, exercise caution when handling or preparing Stinging Nettle. Make sure it is properly heated before consuming and wear gloves when handling to avoid stinging.
* After the plant has been heated properly, it can be added to stews, soups etc...and many love the taste!
* It loves moist soil and will thrive in lower, more water retentive parts of your lawn, and along forest edges where the soil is rich and moist.
* Stinging Nettle is very good for making nutrient rich teas.
* It is very rich in antioxidants and Vitamins.
* Many beneficial insects, and, in particular, the Green Lacewing will use the Stinging Nettle plant to lay its larvae on. Ladybugs prefer Stinging Nettle foliage as well.
* Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic beverages are made from the Stinging Nettle plant parts.
* It is also used for many medical purposes but consult your Physician before ingesting Stinging Nettle.
Days to Germination-7-14 but variable without Stratification
Sowing-Direct or Indoors
Days to Maturity-120
Sowing Depth-Surface with Light Exposure
We also offer numerous other complementary herbs, vegetables and flowers for the garden. Check out our other items for additional varieties of flowers! We periodically run various specials so please look to see if we have any volume discounts available.
Your success is our success. If you feel like you cannot leave us a 5 star rating or if you have any issues with your order, like damaged or wrong items etc...just send us a note and we'll promptly resolve the issue for you.
Fast, Free Shipping to The U.S.:
Seeds are packaged in a small poly bag. In an effort to keep costs low, and pass the savings onto you, we do not offer specific planting directions on seed packets. If you cannot locate planting instructions for your specific conditions, contact us and we'll do our best to instruct you on the proper methods.
Be sure to check out our fantastic selection of other items and specials.
Thank-you for your support!