Madagascar Jasmine, Stephanotis Floribunda, Bridal Bouquet Wedding Flower Vine
One Madagascar Jasmine Vine Plant in 2x3 inch pot.
Plants are anywhere from 6 to 10 inches tall.
Stephanotis floribunda, aka Madagascar Jasmine or Hawaiian Wedding Flower, is one beautiful vine. It has striking, dark glossy green foliage and heavenly scented, starry flowers grow in clusters which delight the olfactory senses.
This twining vine is evergreen and can grow to reach 30′. It’s not particularly fast growing (slow but vigorous!) which is good because that means you don’t need to have at it constantly with the pruners. It does need a means of support to grow on and training to get it to do what you want.
Stephanotis likes nice bright light but no direct hot sun.
* It’s hardy to around 39 degrees.
* It doesn’t like dry air. I live 7 blocks from the ocean so that’s why my neighbors’ vines do so well.
* This vine is not drought tolerant – keep it evenly moist.
* It likes nice rich soil & will benefit from an application or 2 of nice, rich compost every year.
* The roots need to be kept cool – the compost will help with that. This is another reason to keep it out of hot sun.
COLD WEATHER WARNING:
If you live in a cold area, please purchase a 72 hour heat pack along with your plant and make sure you choose PRIORITY Shipping for shipping method, otherwise I am not responsible for plants frozen during shipping or left behind your door.
Thank you for understanding.
Link to my heat packlisting: